Monday, October 29, 2007

WIPs & FO(!)





Learned a lesson this weekend--spending time with non-yarny friends is not the time to work on complicated patterns like gloves. Not that there were any knitting tragedies, you understand, I just didn't have the available concentration to make progress on my second glove.

I did make great time on the scarf (it's simply row after row of garter) and passed the half-century mark in my star dishcloth total. Now the next step is to convince people to buy them at the craft fair in a coupl
e weeks so I'll have money to replace all that yarn, or money in my yarn bank, or... well, you know what I mean.


And I've been knitting along on my first sweater sleeve. Of course, I have found any number of other patterns I'd like to knit, and then there's the tote bag and needle case I want to sew from fabric and a table runner I got at Ikea and... Suffice to say there's not enough time in my days to do everything I want to. Pesky job.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm glad you made it home safely, and congrats on 50+ dishcloths! Your sleeve is looking wonderful. I have the same trouble with focus, but I'm trying extra hard not to flit from project to project.
Love,
Ann

Barbara said...

Well, you have a definite time goal on the hose so it makes sense that you focus on that. I, however, am not foolish (or generous) enough yet to be making things for anyone other than myself.