Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Up Too Early

I had my alarm set for 6:30am which is waaaaaay too early to be getting up for this retired old lady. I had to get up early because the humidifier installers were coming at 7:30am and I needed to have both eyes open and be dressed when they arrived. The only good part about getting up that early is that I saw the pretty pink sunrise.



There were lots of Mourning Doves hanging around the feeders and on the ground today. One new thing is a couple of them managed to squeeze themselves onto the platform feeder. I don't know how they manage to get in there. Their wings have to hit the posts on either side of the opening and it's a wonder they don't bang their heads. At one point there were two of them in there leaving barely enough room for them to peck at the seeds.


The drawing page I turned to in the 3-D book was the beginning of the "I" figures which means that I draw five different letter "I"s. Not very interesting. I nearly convinced myself to skip them but then my conscience got the best of me and I caved. Hopefully tomorrow's figure is more interesting than a bunch of "I"s.



The daily drawing page said to draw the shoes I wore today so I took off my shoes, plopped them on the table on a sheet of paper, and drew my ducks. I used the wax pastels to color them in.


I made a slow cooker full of WW Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup today. It smelled really good while it was cooking. It has a chipotle pepper and some adobo sauce in it so it has a bit of a kick, not too much, just right. Once the veggies are all cooked you use a stick blender to cream it all then add fat-free half-and-half and some whipped cream cheese so it's creamy and delicious. And only 3 WW points per cup. Guess what I had for supper. Sorry that the cup is half empty but I was so into eating it I almost forgot to take its picture. You can load it up with crumbled bacon or shredded cheese or French fried onions or pepitas but those add points. I chose the zero points option of chopped scallions. Mm, good.



The watercolor today is a stretch of ocean floor with one little black and white Banded Butterflyfish almost swimming out of the frame. I don't know why this picture interests me so much but I wish I was in it right now.


After the furnace guys left around noon I zipped down to Zambaldi to visit with DS for a while.Today was a brew day and he was cleaning up so there was a lot of water getting sprayed around. Then he had to go into the taproom to get ready to open so I left him to his work.


Today's toss was a box of my mother-in-law's old sewing thread. It seems wrong to toss out what looks like perfectly good thread but I learned to my dismay a while back that it's weakened to the point that it continually breaks if you try to sew with it. Not worth the hassle. Not worth the house room. I did unreel a few wooden spools to keep for nostalgia and possible crafting.

My two best writing friends and one of my sisters-in-law called today which really cheered me up. I'm looking forward to spending a few days writing with friends in April.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm always impressed with pictures of Zimbaldi's. It looks so scientific and amazing. So happy for the kids that they made their dream come true. Nice sunrise picture. Almost makes getting up early worthwhile.