Wednesday, March 23, 2022

One More Cook

I thawed out the extra ground turkey and made a half batch of BBQ-Glazed Mini Meatloaves. Man, they're good. I kept one out of the freezer to have for supper so now I have 52 suppers in the freezer. Woohoo!



It rained or misted all day. Blah. I went to the School House to look for Easter basket prezzies for LC and OJ (I had coupons), then went to Hobby Lobby and Barnes & Noble looking for drawing books. I found some in HL, two on sale, and picked up a tube of black watercolor paint. Found another drawing book in B&N. Kind of spent my allowance for a good long while.

 

One of the books is entitled "Drawing Cute" so I tried my hand at a couple of the first figures. They're colored too so I got to dig out my colored pencils and play with them.



The next figure in the H lesson of the 3-D book was Huge Hand. What a silly thing but it was surprisingly easy to draw. I added a few Peepers too.

 

I painted more water and sky today but this time the water is one of the pink salt pans in Bonaire. As the water evaporates and the salt concentrates tiny shrimp live in it and it's what makes flamingos pink. I'm especially happy with the clouds.

 


A Downy Woodpecker landed on the feeder this afternoon and I managed to get a picture. It stayed for longer than I thought it would but I was glad it was on the tube feeder and wasn't hiding from me.

 

The Red-Bellied Woodpecker visited the feeder twice today too but I didn't get a picture so I added it to my gratitude page. I was grateful that it was raining instead of snowing.

 

Today's toss was a baggie of tiny seashells. I think that I had them to make some sort of wire bracelets, maybe from a kit, that never got made so out they go.

Tomorrow morning the installer is coming to put the humidifier on my furnace--now that it's been rainy and damp so the humidifier isn't running so much and emptying itself so fast. Oh well, I've been meaning to do this for at least a year so it'll be good to get it done. Tomorrow evening I have friends coming over to knit, the first gathering I've had in 2 years. I've been dithering around for days trying to remember how to entertain. I made a batch of roasted red pepper hummus this afternoon and I bought a small wheel of Camembert to serve, and I'll go to Zambaldi for beer. They'll all bring something so we'll have too much food and drink. It'll all work out. No need to be nervous.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I can't believe 52 meals prepared in advance. You are Wonder Woman!!!