Saturday, March 19, 2022

I Give Up

Okay. Today started out at 34 degrees and spitting snow/rain/sleet until about noon when the temperature started to rise toward a high of 50, then the sun came out in the late afternoon. Most of yesterday's snow melted. I didn't go out to shovel the driveway figuring that it would melt and it half did. The rest will go tomorrow.


Both of the Cardinals visited the feeder today, one after the other. You can tell how heavy the snow was because the feeder is tipped to one side where the snow is sliding off the feeder roof. I'm sharing the photo of the female today because she's nicer than the male



The lone Junco visited too. It pecked around under the feeders all by itself. When he's gone I'll know that Spring is really on the way because these little guys summer in the Arctic so they're my harbingers of the true change of seasons.


I can't decide which of today's drawings to put on here. The lesson was Advanced-level Cylinders so he had us draw a "city scape" of various sizes of cylinders all overlapping each other. Then the Bonus Challenge was to draw holes with thickness. I guess I'll put on the cylinders, they're a little more interesting.



I tried my hand at painting a Ladyslipper today. It turned out kind of okay. I should probably go back to that how-to book and at least read the lessons. It'd probably help my daily painting. I decided to try just painting the postcard without taping it to my board but that made it dry curved. Won't do that again.


Tonight I watched some PBS shows that I'd DVR'd while knitting the toe of the Barn Owl Sock. Now I'm out of knitting again. Maybe I'll dig up some thicker yarn than the skinny stuff I use for socks tomorrow and knit something that goes faster and has fewer total stitches.



The gratitude journal page was a toughie today. I had to really think about what I was grateful for but I managed to figure it out in the end.



Today's toss was another Straw Bale Gardening book.

I think that the thick overcast gave me the blahs today. I had a heck of a time mustering up any enthusiasm for doing anything. I had to push myself to draw and paint and that's not usual. I carried up the last of the frozen Investment Cooking meals today so I'll probably go to the store tomorrow, especially since I looked at the weather on my phone and it's supposed to rain on Monday. I don't want to go to the store in the rain. I can be a wimp if I want to be one.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are so diligent with your gratitude journal. I'd have a hard time coming up with six items every day. But one of them our be "Barbara Sue's Blog." That's for sure!