Friday, March 4, 2022

More Pink

 I was surprised to see this male House Finch this morning. Instead of just a tiny hint of pink under its chin its whole upper body has turned raspberry pink. A definite sign of impending Spring. I know that I still live in Wisconsin and we've got all of March and April to get through before we can reliably think that Spring is here but I choose to go with what the birds show me.



The Christmas cactus buds are opening! This one is first but the other three buds are still looking like they'll open someday. Does this mean I have to change to calling it an Easter cactus?


I spent most of the day working on my November NaNoWriMo manuscript. Yesterday I copied all of the daily pages into a single document and then started formatting it into paragraphs and quotes and other writerly things. I'm enjoying reading through the story. I'm hoping that this read-through will generate some ideas about how to end it because I'm stuck.


Not much drawing drama today. Since I spent most of the time working on the manuscript I just drew the next lesson in the 30 Days book. It's cubes, as you can see. I think these are some very nice cubes, symmetrical, but not very interesting. I'll tackle something more interesting tomorrow. Cross my heart.



Today's gratitude page was pretty easy to assemble, although I did wimp out and didn't draw a person in the shower this time. Gotta have birds though, every day I'm grateful that birds come to the feeders.


I made pretty good progress on the sock leg at Friday Night Knitting. Three hours is a long time to knit, especially with skinny yarn and small needles. DD came again this time from Lexington, that was a nice surprise. I'm sure she won't come too often but it was nice to see her again.


Did I find something to toss today? No, I didn't. I didn't even think of it. Ah well.

It's supposed to be close to 50 degrees tomorrow and rainy. That should turn my patio into more of an ice slick than it already is. It might be time for a little salt back there.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

A pink bird is definitely a sing of Spring -- even if it's early. So Spring and Christmas (cactus) all in one day! There is an Easter Cactus. One of my friends has one.