Friday, March 25, 2022

Just Eating a Peanut

I glanced down at the patio step this afternoon and there was a chipmunk sitting up on its haunches eating a peanut and really enjoying it. This is the only wildlife that I got a picture of today. No noteworthy birds showed up to the feeders, not even after I filled them late in the day.



In the morning it was sunny so I took a quick walk around the block and then I did a little editing of the beginning of last November's NaNoWriMo manuscript to figure out what I'll take along to The Clearing next month when I go up for a few days of writing retreat with a bunch of friends. Hopefully when I reread this in a week or so it'll still be what I want to take to be critiqued.


On Wednesday I found a book called 365 Days of Drawing in Barnes & Noble and brought it home. Today was the third day and I had a blank page to draw trees. I used the watercolor pencils, mostly because I like the range of greens and browns, and I'm pretty pleased with the results.



In The 15-Minute Artist the next figure was the Wise Owl and she said to draw and shade it with charcoal. That was the first time I used charcoal and I'm not much of a fan. You can't erase charcoal. The owl turned out okay.


I used a photo I took when I visited DD in England during her study abroad. It's an old brick archway on her university campus. I like the way it turned out too so today was a fairly satisfying art day.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finished the Ashes Charisma Hat (Charisma is the name of the yarn; Ashes is the colorway.) I knew that I'd finish it so I made sure to have the right size needles on hand to swing right into knitting a cast sock with the remaining yarn.


I didn't toss anything today. I did call the heating company to ask about the other humidifier and when it might be installed. Tuesday, she said, and she didn't say anything about yesterday's snafu.

And it's snowing.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hope you take all your art supplies with you when you go to The Clearing. Your friends are going to be so impressed! Just as I am. Even the charcoal owl!!