Thursday, April 11, 2019

Well, Maybe...

 

You know, they didn't lie about snow, sleet either.  I woke up to 3" of wet snow.  The juncos are still here but were thwarted in their seed search because all of the fallen seed was buried by Snowstorm Fiona.  Which, by the way, woke me at 6:45 this morning with a bolt of lightning and rolling thunder.



Like a good girl, I kept my 1 o'clock appointment with my trainer.  The street was so slippery and the snow tugged on the car's wheels so much that I almost went around the block and right back into the garage.  Then I noticed that the plow had been out on the main road two turns away so I kept going.  I drove slowly and kept to well-traveled roads and got there in plenty of time to warm up before M showed me how to use a multi-purpose weight machine with pulleys and interchangeable handles.  Some of my muscles aren't fans.  There'll be Tylenol for a bedtime snack tonight.




When I got home I couldn't get up enough steam to drive into the garage, the street was still snowy and the driveway is too steep, so I fired up the snowblower and cleared it off, sprinkled a little salt, and made it okay.  The tiny daffodils look kind of forlorn half-buried in snow, don't you think?


 
I was cold and tired when I got home from the Y and from snowblowing so I heated up a bowl of Three-Bean Chili for a late lunch/early supper.  It was just right.



 


Then I spent the late afternoon and evening sprawled in front of the TV knitting on the April Seaman's Cowl.  I really like this yarn.





11 April--Aubrey Beardsley, How Morgan Le Fay Gave a Shield to Sir Tristam.

He bent over the copper plate,
candle flickers gleamed
upon age-darken beams.
Line by line he scribed
armor, knight, witch,
shield infused with magic
protection from evil.
Illustration for pages
alive a century later.
~~~~~

Sorry for the dreary poetry.  I feel like the creative part of my brain is turned off.  Understandable considering my last year but I'm still sorry.  I feel like I'm not very entertaining right now.  Plus my knees and shoulder blades are starting to ache.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

No, no, no -- you are eternally interesting. So many things you do -- and share with a do-nothing like me. I love hearing about all of it. And illustrations too! Poor little daffodils -- but it looks like they could come back if the sun comes out real soon. I love the colors in your latest knitting project too.