Monday, April 29, 2019

Despite a Head Full of Snot

I managed to make it to Grandparents' Day at 4K this morning.  I had almost completely lost my voice by morning so I sounded a lot like Grover from the Muppets but I managed to squeak out what I wanted to say.  I doped up so that I didn't cough or sneeze on anyone and I kept my hands to myself.  LC was excited to have all 3 of her grandparents there to do projects and show us her classroom.  I can't believe that she's going off to big kid Kindergarten in the fall.


We nabbed her away and took ourselves to lunch at 1919, the restaurant in the Lambeau Atrium.  I threw caution (and WW) to the winds and ordered the Green and Gold Flatbread Pizza.  It had bacon and chicken and cheese curds and onions and I don't know what kind of sauce but there was some pale green aoli squirted over the top.  It was soooo good.  I had half of it for lunch and brought the rest home to have for supper.  That way I can get back on WW tomorrow without the temptation of it lurking in a takeout box in the fridge.


I had my last session with M the trainer this afternoon.  She was at the front desk when I got to the Y and when I said hi to her she cocked her head like there was something wrong with her ears.  Nope, I just can't talk out loud so she scaled back my workout, she said.  I still have some achy spots but I wasn't all wrung out and drenched with sweat after a half hour.  A week from Thursday I have my first session with T, the guy she recommended to replace her.  I think I'll like him.



After a shower and supper, I knitted on the Triangle Shawl for some charity the guild is supporting, finishing the second triangle and picking up stitches for the third one.  I hadn't taken any of the kits and felt a little guilty so I took this one but I hated the pattern included so I branched out with one I found online that's a whole lot simpler.  Simple is about my speed lately.


29 April--Greek, Mithradates VI, Enpator Dionysus, King of Pontus.

He's wearing a cat on his head,
a puma, a mountain lion,
severed, skinned, tanned.
It must have been hot and smelly,
but all that's left is his head
carved in marble, so I guess
turn-about is fair play.
~~~~~ 

It was so chilly and so drizzly today that it felt like March or October and here it is the second-last day of April.  Does this mean that it'll be balmy in October since April was so cold?  Are the seasons just shifting a month?  I don't know, it kind of seems like something's happening.  There's nothing on my calendar tomorrow.  I intend to see if I can't evict this @$#%& cold.  Time for Zycam and Robitussin and bed.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Chicken soup and tea from that cute teapot you showed us a while ago. Now's the time to pamper yourself with a day on the couch -- or even piled up in bed -- with a good book and a couple of naps. That's my Rx for you and I'm sticking to it.