Wednesday, April 17, 2019

A Gray Day

Today was overcast and by late afternoon it started raining.  Naturally I had a meeting to go to at 4 o'clock so I had to go out in it but it didn't start raining like crazy and thundering until just a little while ago.  I managed to get a halfway decent picture of the grape hyacinths.





I wasn't filled with energy like I am on sunny days so I only managed to put the marinade together for one recipe and make another recipe from my pile today.  This is Lemony Beet Hummus.  I like lemons.  I like beets. I like hummus.  Put them all together and you get this amazing colored dip.  It tastes good too.  Tomorrow I'll peel and cut up the jicama into sticks to use to scoop it up but for now baby carrots will have to do.



 

I cast on April Preemie Hat #2 today and finished it at my group meeting this evening.  I make a white hat, an Angel hat, every once in a while for babies that don't make it.  They need hats too, but they're hard to knit.



 


Then I cast on #3 in this purple variegated.  I'll knit this one with a knot on top just for fun and so the baby looks like an elf.




17 April--Alonso Sanchez Coello, Infanta Isabella Clara Eugenia, Daughter of Philip II of Spain.

Don't touch her monkey.

Protective hand on its back,
her mouth firm,
determination squares her jaw. 

I imagine her mother says,
not with the monkey.

Yes, with the monkey.

Willful daughters
bring gray hair and 
wrinkles.
~~~~~ 

I have got to finish the Investment Cooking tomorrow.  Raw chicken can't sit in marinade for too long, right?  Right.  I can do this.  I get a haircut tomorrow at noon and then knitting guild is in the evening.  I can cook before and after and then be done.  Of course, I did thaw out the ground turkey for the Fast & Friendly Meatballs... I can make them on Friday, oh wait, not Friday.  Sunday.  Yeah, Sunday.
--Barbara

No comments: