Tuesday, April 23, 2019

I Shoulda Made a List

If I'd made a list of the things I had to do today I might not feel like I frittered half of the day away.  I didn't fritter, not much anyway.  And I'm considering this blog post my day's to-do list.  This morning the cleaning lady came and I got the laundry sorted and started.

After lunch I met a knitting guild friend down at the church where we meet to sort the guild library into alphabetical order (I used to work in a library, I know my ABCs really well) because I'm trying to make the inventory list match what's on the cart.  Foolish, I know, but it has been nagging at me so BB and I got the books done today.  I'll go down there again maybe next week to sort through the booklets, etc.


Then I (finally) took the small pile of old family photos TW and AJ and I sorted out that we all wanted copies of down to Walgreens and got a lesson in using their scanner and editing machine.  I think I'll go redo a couple of them so that the copies are closer to the size of the originals but it was easy and fairly inexpensive.



The April Preemie Hat #3 is knitted to the point of the crown decreases and do you think I can find the pattern?  No, of course I can't.  Not to worry, I'll just print out another copy but I spent quite a bit of time grumbling as I searched through various knitting bags this evening.






The other day I went to Dollar Tree to replenish my supply of birthday cards and look what else I got.  Seeds!  I need to get some bales and get them started.  Maybe later this week. 


 
I want to show you the care instructions I got from the (Not So) Urgent Care Clinic yesterday.  It says to soak my hand in warm, soapy water multiple times a day... so do dishes?



That's about it.  I watched this little chipmunk survey the feeding birds as I finished doing yoga this morning.  It looks too small and innocent to scamper up the crook, jump across to the platform feeder, and systematically strip it clean of seeds, pellets, and mealworms, doesn't it?  But that's exactly what it does.  It cleans off the cobs of dried squirrel corn too.  Little glutton.


23 April--Armand Guillaumin, The Seine at Samois.

Sunset river
pink and gold
hums between banks
of verdant green.
Fish rise
in spreading circles
to snatch
tiptoeing dragonflies.
~~~~~

It's late.  I'm tired.  Nighty-night.
--Barbara 

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That little chipmunk is so cute. I used to think that about the squirrels that ran around our yard until one got into the house when we were out of town and wrecked havoc all over the place. They're small but can do a lot of damage. Can't wait for the bale garden to get going.