Tuesday, February 18, 2014

5.3"

Inches of snow yesterday, added to the nearly 5" we got on Saturday night, you might say we've got snow.  I was feeling kind of sorry for myself sitting at work watching the snow pile up but it turned out to be a good thing.  By the time I left work after 6 o'clock most everyone else who got off work at 5 o'clock was safe at home, off the roads and out of my way, so my drive wasn't too scary at all.  I wasn't looking forward to blowing the snow when I got home but our renter was just finishing clearing our driveway when I pulled up.  I HAVE to bake him some brownies or cookies or something.  I'm the landlady, I figure it's my job to deal with the snowplow drift at the end of the driveway but he's the tenant and only in charge of his half.  I think we made a good choice to rent to them.  The snowdrifts along the driveway are about up to my armpits, that's a lot of snow.

I finished Feb Men's Chemo Hat #3 at work yesterday.  Now I can focus my energy and concentration on finishing the Xmas stocking before Sunday's Olympics Closing Ceremony so I'll have one FO outta here.  I don't know what I think about my knitting speed but there was no way I could finish 5 WIPs in 16 days.  No way.  Oh!  I just had a brainstorm.  I think I'll frog that Southwestern Cowl I don't like and make a pair of fingerless mitts with the yarn.  I love fingerless mitts and wear then quite often and they're a good use of a single skein.

February 18--Roman, Tile Mosaic with Rabbit, Lizard, and Mushroom.  It was spring cleaning time and Layla spent all day on her hands and knees scrubbing the tile floor in the sun room.  She and Mark had lived in the old house for more than a year and this was the first time she had gotten this far.  The house had been vacant for a few years before they bought it so making it habitable was their first priority.  They redid the kitchen and bathrooms and painted every room, but the sun room was a catch-all, whatever they didn't have a good spot for ended up there, as did any wood scraps or house parts.  She had spent the last week sorting and tossing and donating, emptying it to the walls.  It was time to turn the space into something they could use.

Now the sun is out and sparkling on the new snow.  It's very beautiful and supposed to get up near 30 degrees today.  Maybe I'll go pick up Porter and go for a snowshoe.  Maybe I'll lie down and take a nap.  Only time will tell.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I cannot believe all that snow in your yard!!! But maybe a lot of it will melt because I saw on the weather map that you're getting some warmer temps. Fingers crossed!!