Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Up & At 'Em


That's how I feel this morning.  It's a great feeling.  I'm hoping to sustain it.  I did 32 minutes of Wii Fit Plus yoga and got my wetsuit and DS's old one packed up along with our spare fins, masks, and snorkels, and put into Beverly.  This weekend's the university student certification dives and we're always short in the Rental dept.  I'm wearing my red Dansko shoes to keep my fire stoked.  Red shoes are an excellent kindling for keeping a good mood going--and they're also excellent for warning people when I'm having a crap day.  So they're dual-purpose shoes, there's just no way to tell what they mean until you get within striking distance.  Mwa-ha-ha-ha.  Tonight's the last (for the season) Beer & Food Pairing dinner at Titletown and I'm really looking forward to it.  (another reason to wear red shoes)  I'm wearing capris so that my mismatched socks are shown to advantage.  I chose ones with black cuffs so they "go" with my black shirt and my red cardigan coordinates with my red shoes.  (red shoes!  red shoes!)  I finally caved and bought the sterling silver sea turtle earrings at work on Monday.  I shined them up (love that Nevr-Dull) and I'm wearing them, along with my set of 4 piano wire bracelets.  I look good.  Yes, I do.  I dropped my car keys at the nail salon yesterday and broke the solders that hold the battery in place.  The other one that I have doesn't like to work even though it's not broken so I ordered a new one on eBay.  I got one with free shipping.  Free shipping!  Yay.  Hopefully it'll be here soon.  This is the first car I've had with a fob and I'm already addicted.  I like the "aux" plug too so I can listen to audiobooks without earbuds.  Ain't technology grand?


April 24--Charles Wheatstone, Concertina.

Work-roughened hands
squeeze music
from wood, leather, paper, ivory
Beer and wine
lubricate the notes
spirits unrefined
as the little squeezebox
lifts voices, feet,
hearts of all
who hear its
siren song
                    --bam
~~~~~
Adios, muchachos.  It's time to go to work and inflict these red shoes on the rest of the world.  Durwood's probably relieved.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Well you're on a tear!! Look out world!! With your sea turtle earrings and your red shoes -- you'll be Wonder Woman! (Not that you weren't WW already.)