Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Wrap Up--We Hope

Durwood and I spent the middle of the day wrapping up what needed to be done in the rental before the new tenant moves in... Tuesday?  I don't know, I'm letting Durwood handle it.  I will be helping to spend the rent money though. I'm nice that way.




I tried to zoom through making the first of the March Block of the Month quilt blocks.  That didn't work well.  I spent an inordinate amount of time ironing a pound of fabric strips/scraps.  I should have sorted them by color and also evened up the edges before I started sewing them onto my blocks.  I'm not going to spend one minute chastising myself over being so behind, I'll get to them when I get to them.  April is going to be a busy month so I'm going to give myself a break.  A change for me, that whole giving a break thing.
 







I cast on the next Color Strip Vessel.  I really like the green against the gray.  I might have to put them together again.



 
Last week was a banner week in the Maple Tree Scarf world.  Early in the week a robin was sitting in the tree when I checked to see its condition and on Friday it was covered with drops of rain or fog.  I mused aloud about figuring out a way to represent the drops on the scarf when Durwood and I were driving home from Menards.  He said, "Beads?"  It took me a few days of thought and some false starts until I finally looked it up online and found an article on Knitty telling how to add each bead as you come to it.  It worked.  I scattered a few on both rows of Friday's knitting.  They're subtle but I like that they're there.



I finished another duvet.  This one's made from a sarong or pareo I bought at World Market a while back that I thought would make a lovely lap blankie.

No comments: