Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Zoom!



Sunday was a gorgeous day. The sun was shining, the breeze was cool, and fighter jets flew over. I love them. Love. Them. Once they had passed I loaded up my bike (still haven't named her, maybe I'll call her The Zipper although I ride pretty slowly) and headed off to the trail for my longest ride to date. I parked behind Eve's Supper Club and rode 4 miles south through the next town and back. It probably doesn't seem very far to those of you who ride a lot but I'm pretty pleased with myself--and my butt bones are a little sore. I don't ride fast and the trail's pretty flat so I don't get to coast but I keep going and enjoy the sights along the way. Like the dozen or so Navy guys having a run. Very nice.

















It's pretty quiet at the dive shop these days so I made a lot of progress on the brown silk & bamboo scarf. So much progress that I finished it off last night with seashell fringe on crocheted loops on both ends. The shells add a nice weight and I like the way it looks kind of nautical-ish.













The peach and gold silk and wool one's next. I couldn't keep on knitting both at once; it was just too fiddly.



The only people that interrupt me at work this week are UWGB students coming in to ge
t fitted for their Open Water dives this weekend. Hey, I don't mind, at least it puts a bit into the till and keeps me from having long naps, I just get catnaps. Hee.

.







And a Downy Woodpecker came to have a drink and a snack this morning so I snapped her picture. I love the trim size of them and the tidy colors of their stripes.





No comments: