There were four Sparrows on the feeder today when I was able to catch them. The juvenile delinquent squirrel leaped from the patio chair to knock into the feeder so that seed spilled and then it'd drop down and frantically eat up all the seed it could.
And the Red-bellied Woodpecker was back, this time on the other edge of the suet nuggets feeder. It can't land on the side so I can see the whole bird. Oh no, that would be too easy for the crazy lady with the camera.
I drew yesterday's gratitude journal page and thought how lucky I am to live with caring, friendly neighbors. Someone suffered a loss on Friday that drew us together for a few hours. It's a good neighborhood.
Last week's bud on Dad's rose is opening. It's not the biggest flower on the bush but it's still gorgeous, red, and smells like a rose is supposed to smell.
Today's drawing is a Barn Owl. It wasn't too difficult to draw but was a bit of a pain to color.
Writing went pretty well today. I added the rest of the old pieces to the manuscript and then went back in and added a suspect. I gave a character a reason to be suspected anyway. Then I remembered that I have to have an email newsletter written for KM to schedule for Tuesday morning. Oops. I almost forgot but I cranked it out, slapped on a book cover graphic, and sent it to her. Now the ball's in her court.
It was humid, hot, and still today so I mostly stayed indoors except when I went out to grab the Hummingbird feeder to refill and then put it back out, and when I filled the birdbath. Muggy out there. Ugh. And tomorrow's the first day of the school year so the classrooms will be like saunas. Double ugh.
--Barbara

No comments:
Post a Comment