A Red-bellied Woodpecker was on the refilled suet nuggets today and moved around to the side so I could see all of it. Naturally it was on the shady side so it's not as bright as it might be but I was just glad to see the whole bird. Also I think this is a young one because it's kind of skinny and its head isn't very red.
I finally managed to capture a picture of three Sparrows on the new feeder. They decided today that the feeder was acceptable and spent quite a bit of time squabbling over the ports and learning that even though they can see the seed through the tube there are only four ports where they can get to it. Live and learn, birdies.
There isn't much grape jelly left in the dish but this young House Finch had a few nibbles before flying away. I haven't seen any wildlife on the orange half but it's been shifted so I'm guessing an early morning squirrel has been there.
In the morning I drew a gratitude journal page for yesterday. I had a hard time finding things to be grateful for since yesterday was pretty uneventful, but decided that my new portfolio and new birdfeeder would do just fine.
At lunchtime I drew today's flower which is Borage. I think it's an herb, a hairy-stemmed herb, but it was fun to draw and easy to color.
I spent the afternoon expanding places in Three Cheers for Murder. I propped up the brainstormed sheet of ideas for what the how-to author calls the backdrop, something that goes on behind and alongside the murder parts. It has the places where I can drop red herrings and present other suspects. It's hard for me to do because I'm not very devious but I've got some ideas and there's always the suggestions in the book to help me.
Tomorrow afternoon I get to meet with the air conditioning guy to find out how much it'll cost to install a new central air in the rental half of the duplex. It's times like these I wish I either lived in a single-family house or an apartment. Maybe a condo. But I don't want another mortgage or to pay rent. Right now I don't have a car payment or a house payment, life is simple.
--Barbara


1 comment:
How you can keep two books 📚 going at the same time has got to be a challenge. Keeping sailing and murder in your mind at the same time can't be easy.
Post a Comment