Well, overnight or early this morning the squirrel finished gnawing a hole into one of the tubes of the new round green feeder. Now there's no way to put seed in that tube without it all pouring out the hole. Is it going to put holes in the other tubes now? I guess we wait and see.
I happened to glance over when I was doing yoga this morning and there was a Goldfinch on the feeder. I hadn't seen one of those in weeks and weeks, so I grabbed the camera and took its picture and only did the plank for half the time I was supposed to.
Then a Downy Woodpecker landed on the suet cakes feeder. It posed nicely on the front side. I hurried to take its picture which was a good thing because it immediately flew away. Camera shy, I guess.
I drew a gratitude journal page for yesterday this morning. Again. I don't really feel like I'm failing at it, it's just a little delayed. I seem to have more time for it in the morning than in the evening. Oh, like my days and nights are soooo busy.
Today's watercolor flower is Anemone. It's another coloring book painting. That seems to be the speed I'm at these days. It's okay. It's my favorite color and I'm happy with the leaves. The black center ran even though I'd used the heat gun to dry it. Oh well.
Another Downy Woodpecker visited the suet cakes later today. It was fun to watch because it landed on a Slinky, rode up and down, hopped up a few coils and rode again before flying over to the suet cakes.
A couple jars of coconut oil arrived so I can make more lip balm with OJ and LC. What I had was rancid so I threw it and its bucket away. I was happy to find another supplier since my original one went out of business last year and didn't even tell me. How do you like that? Of course it'd probably been over 8 years since I ordered anything from them so I guess I can cut them some slack.
I read some more in How to Write a Cozy Mystery today and realized that one of my ideas won't work with the manuscript as it stands now. So I had to sit down with a blank sheet of paper and come up with ideas that do. When I brainstormed the first idea, I wrote down 25 things. Today I struggled to get to 10. Hopefully more will come to mind while I'm working on the manuscript. I changed one character's name because it's recommended that you don't have two characters whose names start with the same letter. It makes sense to me so the reader doesn't get confused.
I was just sitting here typing and looking at my fingers dancing over the keys, not having to think of where to reach for what letter. Kind of amazing, although I've been doing this for about 60 years so I ought to be able to do it without looking for every letter. Numbers are a different story, however.
Something frustrating is happening over on Facebook when I paste the link to the blog. In the past, the first picture on the blog was displayed. Now it's just a link and I think fewer people are reading it or finding it. I tried to find out what's going on and got lost in Google-land and gave up. I didn't change so Google or Blogger must have changed. I love computers.
--Barbara
1 comment:
How to thwart that squirrel? Frustrating for sure! I'm so glad to see that Goldfinch on the feeder. Very pretty 😍.
Post a Comment