The lawn mowers came today. It surprises me that they're here so frequently. I asked if they could come every 10 days or so and the owner said sure. But still they come every week. They do a good job and I don't want to discourage them because in the fall they hoover up all of the fallen leaves and I love that about them.
There was a Flicker hopping around on the lawn this morning. I keep hoping one will come closer so I can show you the black patch on its breast or the red on back of its head. Or if it flew away, the white patch at the base of its tail. But all I get is the gray brown speckled bird with the long beak that probes the grass looking for... bugs maybe? I don't know what they eat but they're diligent about looking for whatever it is.
Here's yesterday's gratitude journal page. I was impressed with myself for thinking of five things instead of my usual four or even three. I like the little clothesline I drew for doing the laundry the best.
Today's flower is a Dandelion. It was fun to draw. I didn't add as many of the fluffy things as it showed in the book but I really like the way it turned out.
I spent most of the afternoon writing three small scenes to slot into Three Cheers for Murder. In them my sleuth is moving around the downtown neighborhood visiting other stores, which is introducing people I can make suspects in the murder. I have to give each person or couple a reason to want the victim dead. I'm working on it. It's kind of fun. In a creepy kind of way.
I met with a few other local writers tonight on Zoom to brainstorm marketing ideas. We each talked about what we're trying, what's working, and what isn't. Unfortunately, the "isn't"s are leading. But we're not giving up.
--Barbara
1 comment:
I think those guys who mow your lawn like driving around on those big machines. It definitely looks like a guy thing.
Post a Comment