Since the orange and jelly are decimated, this male House Finch visited the round green feeder this afternoon. He spent a little time pecking in the port looking for something good, maybe a peanut half. You can also see in this picture (bottom center) the port that the squirrel gnawed apart so no one could feed from it. I had to go out and shove the part that keeps all the seeds from cascading out back through the port hole. Honestly I don't know what to do about the squirrels. Stop feeding the birds so the squirrels lay off? My brand new feeder is pretty much trashed in less than a week.
I spent most of my day working on short stories, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I think the morning one is finished. The afternoon one is not, but I have an idea about where to go with it. When I don't feel like working on a novel, a short story or two keeps me from sitting staring off into space.
This morning I drew a gratitude journal page for yesterday. I'm putting it on here because I didn't draw one for today. Yet.
Allium is today's watercolor flower. It's in the Watercolor Flowers coloring book and it was kinda strange. It said to paint tiny, five petaled flowers in pink and purple all over three circles and let them dry. Then use plain water to smear them. ??? Okay, that I didn't understand. Doing that erased a bunch of the flowers so I went back with pink and purple when they were dry again and put some back even though it didn't say to do it. They're okay. It's a good thing this is not a graded course.
After supper I cast on Scrap Hat #6. It's just so satisfying to see all the colors and fibers combine in one interesting project.
I was supposed to have a Zoom today with cda but she had an unhappy dental experience so we postponed until tomorrow. Then she said she's got another dental appointment tomorrow morning for a crown replacement so we said we'd skip this week and just meet next Monday. There's nothing so all-consuming like tooth pain, I think. It was odd, that having those two hours suddenly unscheduled made me feel off balance. That's when I turned to the short stories. They gave me back my equilibrium. Sometimes I think I'm really an odd duck.
I got the Final Jeopardy! today and only one of the contestants did. It's even the Tournament of Champions. I'm feeling smart--and smug.
--Barbara
1 comment:
I'm mad at the squirrels too. No way to keep them out of the goodies out there. And messing up the feeder! Thats adding insult to injury. Dammit all.
Post a Comment