Friday, August 7, 2026

Evidently I Can't Count

I'm knitting a hat with acrylic and nylon yarn for a chemo hat. It's a simple pattern--knit 6, purl 2--around and around until I get to 7" of hat body including ribbing before I begin the crown decreases. Well, I was knitting on it tonight at Friday Night Knitting and noticed after a few rounds that my count was off. Sometimes I'd purl when I was supposed to knit and other times I'd knit when I was supposed to purl. I would have knitted a couple rounds before I noticed my error, so I'd have to drop stitches down and hook them back up with a crochet hook I keep for just such occasions, making the stitches right. It was tiring and a little demoralizing to have to do that a bunch of times.

 


This morning a Downy Woodpecker visited the suet cakes feeder and while it landed on the back side it kept to the edge so I could see it and take its picture. Thanks, birdie, I really appreciate that.

 

I went down to visit DS at Zambaldi this morning. He was making Yard Games IPA and it was stifling in there. He had the big garage door open but there was no breeze for relief from the heat and humidity. He told me all about being at camp with OJ and the rest of the scouts. It sounded like they had a lot of fun.

 


When I pulled into the parking lot I noticed that the hops vines are growing up toward the roof. I took a picture of them from the side so they look a lot more solid than they are. One of these days they'll be fuller and provide shade on the patio.

 

Today's flower drawing is Lavender. I don't think this looks like lavender sprigs. I don't know what they look like but it's not that. It's not ugly, I just don't think it looks right. It might be a severe case of operator error, although I don't think the picture in the book looks right either.

 

I've been working on the ribbing of Scrap Hat #6 this week and have two more rounds to go. It pleased me no end when this orange yarn showed up. This is the only project I'm taking on my little knitting getaway on Sunday so I have plenty of various yarn balls in my knitting bag. I won't run out.

 

 I drew a gratitude journal page for yesterday this morning but I think I put today's date on it by mistake. Oh well, it doesn't really matter, does it?

 

I spent a few hours working to finish the Manuscript Analysis comments on Sailing the Seas (I ignored some of them.) and then moved over to doing more work on Three Cheers for Murder. Today I made Venn diagrams of the three victims and the suspects, figuring out motives, secrets, and alibis. It was fun and it helped me get more of the story straight in my head. I'm finding that I can use what I've already written, it just needs to be shifted around and added to. I'm having fun.

Did you notice? No squirrel pictures today! 

--Barbara 

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Maybe the squirrel is full at last. He can't keep chowing down day after day without taking a day off every once in a while.