Tuesday, April 9, 2024

I'm Normal!

I went for a GI follow-up appointment today with the Nurse Practitioner and didn't find out much more than I already knew but I did have a hemoglobin test and it's 12.4, which is in the Normal range. Hallelujah! Nobody knows the cause of this disease and the only sure cure is surgery to remove the seeping capillaries in severe cases, which I don't have. I'll have another endoscopy in 3 months, the doc said. And I suspect that I'll be having a couple three of them every year forever. *sigh* I can't have anything normal. Oh, and I got a call from the nurse after I'd left the clinic that one of the blood samples they took coagulated so they couldn't run the test so would I please come back for another blood draw? Sure. My veins rarely cooperate and today was no exception. I got poked three times and only the last one was really successful.

I caught sight of a Bluejay on the remains of the peanuts pile this morning but was way too late to get a picture. I was happy to see it anyway even though I watched and it didn't come back.


Today's watercolor is not much of a success. It's supposed to be hollyhocks but I don't think it looks like them. I tried to follow the notes I made last May in watercolor class at The Clearing but it didn't turn out so well. The line of blue and green dots on the right side of the paper is supposed to be delphiniums.



This evening I finished knitting the sixth ball of cashmere yarn on the Cashmere Sophie scarf and added on ball number seven which is a sort of pewter gray. I only knitted a couple rows of the new color because my wrists hurt so I quit knitting for the night.


I was grateful that I got to do the after school run this afternoon and I had a credit at the used book store so I took LC and OJ along to help me spend it. They found some good stuff--LC found a Harry Potter cookbook and OJ found a book of 1000 science facts and a graphic novel. They're reading the Harry Potter books as bedtime stories as a family so everything is all Harry all the time over at their house. DIL1 had never read them so she's enjoying the stories as much as the kids are. Such a great family. LC wanted to see my books on the shelf and I noticed that she'd sold another book or two! Yay!



The doctor's appointment took up way more time than I expected today and then I go way early to wait for school dismissal to get a close parking place (I listen to an audiobook while I wait) so my day really flew by. I'm including more daffodil pictures just because they're pretty and I want to.


--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Hooray for the clean bill of health! I love your hollyhocks. The minute I opened your blog this morning, I said to myself "hollyhocks" -- no question. There they were. I always think of Grandma Gerst's backyard when I see them. I tried to grow them in Wilmington but no luck. Sounds like a busy but good day yesterday.