Tuesday, April 30, 2024

More Sprouts!

I went out this morning to fill the birdfeeders and was thrilled to see the little green spears of Lily of the Valley poking up in the flower bed next to the patio. They're a little hard to see in the leaf litter but it's been so cold nights that I've hesitated to uncover them. Lilies of the Valley remind me of my Grandpa and Grandma Stephan's front yard where a fir tree had a gap in it and the gap was filled with Lilies of the Valley. They smelled so sweet, almost too sweet, but I loved them.



After I filled the seed feeders, the suet pellets feeder, and the corn cob feeders, I went downstairs and brought up the Hummingbird feeder. I made birdie juice first thing so it'd be cool enough to pour into the feeder. I saw on FB last week that Hummingbirds have been sighted in the area so it's time to put the feeder out. It has been so chilly that I worry about those little birds but if they've been sighted I put mine out. To make room for it I moved the Finch feeder to the hooks up on the retaining wall and filled a second Finch feeder to hang alongside. Maybe lots of Finches will find them. I hope so.


The Daily Practice today was bugs. Bugs! Aren't they cool looking? This week she says we're painting bugs, birds, and butterflies. Should be interesting.



I remembered to do the Gratitude Journal for today and I even went back and did one for yesterday because I felt guilty about not doing it. The big thing today was the sun came out in the afternoon. I'm a big fan of sunshine.


When I was out filling feeders I walked around picking up the litter than blew into the yard the other day and noticed that the lilacs are a little more bloomed so I couldn't resist taking their picture. I pulled one of them to my nose and they smell great. Maybe the Hummingbirds will visit them, they are tubular after all.


Once I got the birdie juice made and cooling I went downstairs to sort and start the laundry. I only had three loads--darks, lights, and towels & undies--so it didn't take long.

I've been reading the FB posts of the latest Amazon Ad Challenge which ended yesterday and thought I should probably make a few new ads. So that's what I did while the laundry sloshed around. I made eight basic ads that will hopefully start producing impressions, clicks, and sales.

Saving the best for last, I spent the afternoon reading through The Seaview: Open for Business to find a place to slot in the conflict scene I wrote the other night. I found the perfect spot, copied and pasted it in, and added more to it. I had to change a few words before the scene but I think it's going to work where I put it. The only way to know is to start reading from the beginning and see how it goes.

If anyone reading this would be interested in a Promo copy of the audio version of either Horizon or Better Than Mom's in exchange for a review, please let me know. Comment on FB or shoot me an email or send a note on Messenger and I'll be happy to oblige. I even have URLs that you can use if you sign up for a free trial of Audible so, please, let me know.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Ahhhh - the lilacs! Wish I could smell them. And I also wish I had or knew how to use Audible or whatever is required to listen to your books. However, you know my review would be too predjudiced to be published. I hope you get some responses.