Sunday, April 28, 2024

Just Enough Rain To Be Annoying

But not a downpour. It started spitting rain about 11:15am and waxed and waned the rest of the day. It'd rain for a while, then slack off, then rain again. It was annoying. I went to the grocery for lunch food and a few other items and it was raining both when I went in and when I came out. I have timing like that. You can see the raindrop rings in the birdbath but just a few. That's the way the day went.



Today's Daily Practice was to paint a succulent. She had it in front of her but again she hadn't included a pdf of it in the packet of pictures so I nabbed the fake succulent out of the bathroom and painted that. I'm happier with it now than I was when I painted it.


Then there's the Gratitude Journal for today. I had a lot to be grateful for starting with it raining and not snowing because the temperatures this week have been all over the thermometer. Down below freezing overnight a couple nights and then up to 80 yesterday so we could still have snow. The latest I remember shoveling snow was May 2 back when we still lived on Liberty Street. Naturally Durwood was out of town so guess who had to shovel. Little old me.



I made up my mind tonight to bring up a blank page and just start typing to see if I couldn't rustle up a confrontation scene. And I did! It isn't a knock down, drag out fight but it's the island woman accusing Rose of stealing HER man and setting up a business on HER island. It's two pages and I'll probably go back and write more in the middle because I didn't give Rose much to say to defend herself. At least I got something. Now to figure out where to slot it into the manuscript. This authoring gig is hard. I also need to go back to using my laptop stand so I don't sit all day when I'm writing. My knees don't like it when I sit for so long.


The middle of my day was the best part of my day. Last Saturday was OJ's 8th birthday and today was his birthday shop. He had thought about where he wanted to go and what he wanted to buy when we got there so it was a very efficient shop. The first store he wanted to go to was Barnes & Noble where he found two Dog Man books that he didn't have in his collection and a replica of Ron's wand from the Harry Potter books. They're reading the HP books as bedtime stories a chapter a night as a family. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? We went to McDonalds for lunch. After lunch we went to the School House where he had a blast picking out little things like small plastic animal and insect figures, a little Lego Star Wars X-wing Fighter kit, and some squishy things shaped like cats. He's an excellent conversationalist. I love the one-on-one times I get with them.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Oscar does sound like a great shopper. And he made a great haul!! I can't believe he's eight already -- I was thinking six. Hope you don't get any more snow. Rain? OK, but snow -- No!