Friday, April 12, 2024

A Much Smaller Bird

Sadly there was no Turkey today. One interesting bird was a male Goldfinch that flew away just as I pressed the shutter button but then the female Goldfinch flew down and took his place so I took her picture instead.

 


And a Downy Woodpecker landed on the nearly empty suet pellets feeder. I managed to get a halfway decent photo considering that he's on the backside of the feeder so all I got was his head, his tail, and part of his belly.


I decided to try my hand at another watercolor landscape this morning. It didn't turn out too badly, if I do say so myself. I wasn't going to add the bushes and trees but it needed something so I dabbed them in. Looks okay.

 


Today's Gratitude Journal was an easy one. We had a partly sunny day (I refuse to say partly cloudy) and I found baby bok choy at the grocery. I like chopping it up to put in Egg Drop Soup which I plan to make tomorrow or Sunday. They haven't had the baby kind in months but they were out of scallions, even the organic ones, so you win some, you lose some. I'll just use an onion.


I looked out while having my soup for supper to see this rabbit looking in at me. It didn't even twitch when I slowly reached for the camera to take its picture. I don't know if it's a boy or a girl, they all look the same to me.


I spent most of the afternoon doing critiques for next Wednesday's Novel critique group. Everyone waited until yesterday to submit their pages which makes for a lot of critiquing in a short time.

Tomorrow I've signed up for an online writing workshop at 11 and I just learned that LC has her first piano recital tomorrow afternoon at 1. I'll make it if I have to skip out of the workshop early.

--Barbara



1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Wish I could join you for LC's recital. I'm sure she'll do you proud. Love the goldfinch picture.