Thursday, February 21, 2019

Not Hot Now

 





Yesterday I was hot.  This morning I was hot and sweaty.  I'm not hot now.  I rode on a couple of airplanes for a few hours and now I'm cold.  Well, not cold right now because I'm in the house but the potential to be cold is ever present.

The sun rose while I stood in line to check my bag at the Fort Myers airport.  And I had a window seat on the flight from Chicago to Green Bay.  Luckily it was a clear day so I could see the lake and the wind driven ice scribbles on Lake Michigan.



 





I had such a good time.  Aunt B and I went to the Edison & Ford Winter Homes on Friday and saw the huge banyan tree that I remembered from our last visit.  It was a much busier and more popular tourist spot than it was 34 years ago.  (what a surprise)  I found the perfect souvenir--a pair of lightbulb shaped earrings filled with glow-in-the-dark pellets.  Don't they just scream "Thomas Edison" to you?  They sure do to me.  We all enjoyed my visit so much that we're planning a rematch next year.











19 February--Tropical Obsession. 

Glint of gold. It caught his eye as he swam down the reef that night. He stopped and finned nearer, only to find it was a broken bottle glittering in his light. The pale glow of the moon lent its cold light to the warm beam in his hand as he swept it over the reef. Looking for the clues, the markers Santiago claimed were there made Manning's heart rate slow. He knew that even without the treasure the Venezuelan swore was there for the taking that he had all he needed to keep Jack on the string long enough to part him from a good bit of his money. Many fools like Swallow who imagined they were smarter than Manning had died regretting it.


There was a knitting guild meeting tonight and I managed to stay awake through the whole thing but, I gotta tell you, I'm still on Eastern Time and it's way past my bedtime.  Nighty-night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Back to the old routine today. Hard to come down from the high of our wonderful week together. But life goes on. Publix, laundry, everyday stuff, etc. Already looking forward to and thinking about next year. Love those two shots of the sky.