Saturday, February 23, 2019

Pouring Rain

I got to go across town to have supper with, read stories to, and tuck LC and OJ into bed this evening and when I left to come home it was raining.  Not just drizzling or misting but out and out pouring rain.  Turn the wipers on (and not on intermittent either) rain.  It's the end of February in Wisconsin.  That rain will turn into ice tomorrow when the temperature's supposed to hit the mid-teens.  Today it was above freezing so the birdbath glacier melted.  I probably should have gone out and emptied the greenish and rather smelly water and refilled it but, well, I just didn't feel like it.




The male Downy Woodpecker was perched on the seed wreath when I did yoga this morning. I enjoyed watching him sit there watching me out of the corner of his eye to see if I would make any sudden moves his way.





Today was not a busy-about day.  I didn't get dressed until almost noon and did nothing more strenuous than my little yoga routine and then sat on the couch knitting and watching The Great British Baking Show on Netflix.  Aunt B and P like it, watch a segment every evening, and got me hooked on it.  So I cued up the first season and will watch it in order--because I'm just that Germanic about doing things "in the correct order."  That's the voice inside my head that speaks up whenever I do something out of order, read a novel series not in order, that sort of thing.  I cast on February Preemie Hat #4 this morning and, despite having to un-knit six rounds and reknit them, finished it by bedtime.  Which is now.

23 February--Tropical Obsession.

It isn't at all the way it should be. In a kayak you're just too close to the water. It is a form of boating, I suppose, but to me boating implies a bit more boat and maybe someplace to sit that doesn't do double duty as the bottom of the boat. And the paddle or oar or whatever it's called? It seems too long or bent at the wrong angle, awkward to maneuver and increasingly heavy. And this water, this salty water. It's pretty and a nice shade of turquoise, but it leaves a sticky residue on your skin and it tastes awful. Whose idea was this anyway?


I'm tired.  My eyes are burning.  I'm going to slap a couple photos on here and call it a day.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're now into "The Great British Baking Show" -- and that you're watching it in order. There are many seasons so you can be entertained by those quirky people for weeks. We never watch it in order -- just whatever episode shows up on the screen. But it's always fun. Don't go out on the ice today. You can binge watch all of Season One. I think I know who won that one but won't tell you.