Friday, July 26, 2024

Mostly Writing With A Little Knitting

That was my day. I spent most of it working on The Seaview 3 trying to get the manuscript in some kind of shape. I managed to rewrite a couple scenes taking them from 3rd person to 1st person. Then in the afternoon I tackled rearranging the manuscript so that it goes from 3rd to 1st and back again. I know I tried this before and abandoned it but there are segments where two of the characters have secrets and there's no way for my 1st person character to know what's going on and the story is kind of pointless without them. I'll get it figured out but it sure can be frustrating.



There are still a lot of these dark red and bright yellow day lilies blooming. There are two long stretches of them on top of the retaining wall.


This big black bird landed on the grape jelly and had a little try of it. I think it's a Grackle. I looked it up and it's about the right size and shape. I'm pretty sure it's a Grackle.



The first thing I worked on at Friday Night Knitting was finishing duplicate stitching on the orange fish on my Monterey Sea Life beanie. It took me a couple hours to finish the four remaining fish that needed to be stitched on. I'm glad it's done. I used to like to embroider but this was tedious and a little tricky.


Then I picked the Zauber Crazy sock back up. I'm evidently knitting a ribbed leg because I didn't stop at 2" with the ribbing to move into plain stockinette stitch for the rest. That's all right, it'll stay up better this way. The color changes motivate me to keep knitting.


And that's it. I didn't paint and I didn't draw a gratitude journal page. I just worked on writing and made myself frustrated. I took a little walk to the corner and back, then visited with the neighbor for a few minutes so my day wasn't all work and no play.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I know that beanie wasn't a favorite project for you but it sure is cute. Glad you stuck with it.