Friday, December 15, 2023

Rotation

Two Sparrows landed on the tube feeder this morning and it started to slowly rotate. I was lucky enough to be standing by the patio doors and could snatch up the camera and take a picture. I was even luckier that the rotation was at the point where both birds were looking up so I could see their faces.



I couldn't be without a Christmas tree after all. So I went downstairs and got out the Charlie Brown tree that lives in the bathroom. This is its traditional spot and there it will stand for the season. I see that the upper branches need a bit of adjusting. I'll do that tonight.


More of the Christmas cactus buds are opening. I have my doubts about the upper one in this picture but I remain hopeful.



I had fun drawing today's Zentangle. Part of me wanted to find a different background for the leaves and whatever those paperclip looking things are but I'm glad that I did the close, wriggly lines. I like the way they turned out and the way that the other motifs stand out.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I got to the end of the body of the One Skein Beanie and started the first few decrease rounds for the crown. Naturally I won't use up all of the skein for this hat. I should probably have made it longer. Oh well. I'm following the pattern, it's what I do.


I got a pile of boxes in the mail today. Some from Amazon, some from other places. Naturally they were not all the Christmas prezzies that I need to get and wrap before the 25th but some of them were. Thank heavens.

Godspeed, Lala.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You did get a perfect shot of those two sparrows. It's like they turned to greet you. And I'm glad you got the Charlie Brown Christmas tree up. Too cute.