Monday, December 18, 2023

I Can't Believe It

A week from today is Christmas! I am so not ready for it to be Christmas although I do only have one more present to buy and one more present to arrive so I'm not too far behind. I've even got most of the gift wrapping done so I'm ahead there too. I've spent the day trying to think of what food to lay in for when DD and IT come to visit next week. I'm so used to having prepared portions that I'm completely out of practice making food for other people. I'm going to rely on pizza (once I ascertain what toppings they like) and a rotisserie chicken. I should probably lay in a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter for emergencies. And maybe some lunchmeat. Ooh, bagels for breakfast. Better put them on the list right now... done.


I saw a flash of feathers this morning and a Downy Woodpecker made a beeline for the suet cakes... and promptly scooched around the back side, dang it. I was patient and managed this not too terrible picture of his tail and belly hanging below the feeder. Honestly.



I turned the page to the next Zentangle lesson and found two new tangles that I drew into this tile. Again I utilized tangles that I'd learned before to flesh out the design.


I had big plans for spending the afternoon reading the manuscript AGAIN but I kept falling asleep. And, no, I don't think that my novel is that boring. I should have been perky all day because I didn't wake up until almost 9:30 this morning but nevertheless I kept dozing off. I hope that tomorrow's test and subsequent doctor's appointments give me some answers. I'm still plodding up and down the basement steps a few times a day. My legs like it and my lungs are getting used to it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I can't believe it's nearly Christmas either. It's like it snuck up on us. It's only 52 degrees down here so at least it feels like winter.