Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Everybody Into The Pool

Um, birdbath! There was a big flock of Sparrows on and under the tube birdfeeder today. There were so many of them that I could hear their wings when they all flew away at once. Many of them decided that today was bath day. I took a few pictures but this one shows the crush of birdies the best. There were so many of them and they splashed so much that I had to go out and add almost a gallon of water to make sure that the heater was covered.



I finally got around to folding the basket of clean laundry today. I am embarrassed to say how long the basket sat in the guest room but suffice to say that I wasn't dressing out of it--yet, almost, but not yet.


This afternoon I made myself a mug of instant hot chocolate and realized that I didn't have enough mix for another one so I hauled the food processor upstairs along with ingredients and whizzed up a batch. This is a very simple recipe of Splenda, non-dairy creamer, dry milk, and Dutch cocoa that makes exactly enough to fit into a quart jar (if I tamp it down a bit) and it lasts a long time. Makes 24 servings, the recipe says.



I took yesterday's new tangles and tried my hand at making a Zentangle with them today. Meh, it's all right. I'm so not good at layering the motifs.


And that was my day. Oh, I hauled the empty trash and recycle bins in from the curb which was my big accomplishment of the day I guess.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

This is the time of year for hot cocoa and it sounds like you're all set in that department. Clever of you to make your own.