Tuesday, December 5, 2023

A Big One & A Little One

Today was a woodpecker day at the feeders--and I haven't even gone out to fill them lately. First up was the Red-bellied Woodpecker on the suet pellets. Not as good a picture as yesterday but you can still see how big and beautiful he is. Maybe if I fill the feeder he'd stay longer or some back more often.



Then later I saw this Downy Woodpecker on the suet cakes. She looks so tiny compared to the Red-bellied. I wish they'd perch side by side so I could see them together.


There was a big flock of Sparrows flitting around and a few Starlings hopped into the birdbath for a splash but by the time I got the camera up and aimed this Starling was the only one left. Tsk. You can see how not-sunny it was by the blue cast of these two photos.



I turned to a new page in Zentangles and drew these. I, uh, they're okay, nothing to write home about. Maybe they'll look good in combination with other tangles.


I laid low today. I kept dozing off whenever I sat down to draw or listen to an audiobook. I stuck close to home because I have a new Rx and it's a diuretic so I didn't want to get too far from the bathroom. TMI?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Winter in Ft. Myers. Only 67 degrees this morning!!!