Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas!

And more to come! I got to spend time with DS and family this afternoon and evening, playing games and eating supper. Then tomorrow DD and IT are driving up from KY to spend the rest of the week so my Christmas is carrying on. See what I got from LC? It's a little corked pot with "World's Best Grandma" printed on it. I don't know what I'll keep in it but it'll be something important, let me tell you.



This morning I baked the second log of toffee shortbread cookies and I have to say that these didn't turn out much better looking than the first batch. I had to cut the slices thick because I didn't get the ingredients mixed as thoroughly as I would have in the big mixer so I had to bake them longer. They still taste good even if they look a little rough.

 

The new tangle today was a feather. It took a lot of concentration to draw it and I think it turned out okay. I like the swoop loops under it, the rest of the tangles are so-so.



From DS's family I got a Michaels gift card. I can always use art supplies. The best part of it is that DS was a late shopper so all of the Merry Christmas gift cards were gone so he chose a Happy Birthday one and wrote "Jesus" on it. Clever, don't you think?


LC also made me a card and tucked inside was a little embossed metal heart ornament. She's such a sweet girl. Now I wish that I'd put the tree up so I could hang it on there.


We had a lovely ham dinner and played a couple games afterwards. LC and OJ liked the gifts I got for them and the Seroogy's candy was well received too. Everyone likes chocolate for Christmas. I hope everyone's day was merry and bright, even if it was overcast and dreary like it was here. Although it got up to 51 degrees so people were outside even in the drear. It's supposed to start cooling off tomorrow. And raining.

--Barbara



1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You had a banner Christmas!! Perfect gifts from all the kiddoes. I love DS's ingenuity with the gift card. It remined me of a little cartoon I saw somewhere with the Three Wise Men giving their gifts to baby Jesus and saying "You know this is a Christmas AND a Birthday present!"