Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Grandkid Day

I got to spend at least part of the day with almost all of my grandchildren, the little ones anyway. IT and his mama spent time playing with the Lego bin. They played out in the backyard but it wasn't as much fun since we have no snow. We even played a little hide & seek in the basement. IT is fascinated by the basement; mine is the only house he knows that has one.



We had a big flock of Sparrows around and under the tube feeder today. There must have been two dozen of them.


The Nuthatch was back too. It flew around the suet feeders and landed on the tube feeder with a Sparrow companion.



While IT and DD went back to their hotel for a swim I did this Zentangle. I kind of like it but I'm not sure of the four round whatever they are on the right side are supposed to be. They kind of look like boobs to me. Or maybe targets.


We had a perfect kid supper--chicken nuggets and tater tots (which, by the way, do not bake at the same temperature so I had to improvise)--then they spent some time watching videos and finally reading right before bed.



IT brought me this Ty unicorn this morning as a present. They looked for a giraffe (which is my favorite animal) but had to settle for a unicorn. DD explained to LC that a unicorn, a horse with a horn, is a lot more believable than a camel/leopard/long-necked/moose-thing. She has a point.


--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

What a great idea to turn your basement into a hide and seek place. It probably seems like a secret den -- or something like that -- to IT. Who knew?? Glad you're having fun.