Monday, March 12, 2018

Tails! Tails! Tails!

I finished knitting the second block of the Tweedy Log Cabin Mitts after supper and then wove in the tails... and wove in the tails... and wove in the tails.  That little dish of yarn ends are a strong argument for knitting the next pair of these mitts monochromatic-ly.  Although I can't really imagine doing that.  I've already got my eye on another bag of leftover balls of yarn in a bunch of colors...  No one will ever accuse me of being matchy-matchy.



Much to my surprise there was a light dusting of snow on the ground when I opened the curtains yesterday.  It didn't stick around long after the sun came up.






 

This morning I was trying not to step in the melting snow on the patio and still take a picture of the sunrise when I heard loud honking.  I stood and watched the sky and saw this skein of Canada geese flying South.  Uh, birds, this is the time of year you're supposed to fly North.  I enjoyed seeing them, though.




March 12--Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Woman with a Parasol & Small Child on a Hillside.  Emma toddled through the long grass, falling, righting herself, and then moving on.  Just in front of her a butterfly the color of a lemon pie danced from flower to flower making Emma giggle and reach for the pretty thing.

And that's how long I managed to stay awake last night.  Actually I only got as far as "lemon pie" before my eyelids slammed shut.  And here it is creeping up on 11 o'clock.  It's Daylight Saving Time again and my biological clock is all screwed up.  How anyone can be fooled into thinking that changing the clock an hour this way or that saves daylight, I do not understand.  If you take away an hour of light in the morning you have to turn on the same lights you used to turn on in the evening.  It's the same amount of light-needing time, you just move it from one end of the day to the other.  End of rant.  End of endurance.  End of day.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

It's going to be interesting to see how those two Log Cabin blocks turn into mittens. Love the shot of the geese headed in the wrong direction. I wonder if any of the ones bringing up the rear are thinking ..... "wait a minute..." but still following the leader!