Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Done--Except For One Touch-Up & Some Glue

 


I finished my list of to-do chores to get the rental side ready for its new tenant around 11 o'clock this morning.  She came over after work and we went over every point of the lease agreement, initialed each one, and then she and I did a walk-through.  I need to pull out the touch-up paint for a couple scrapes on the bathroom wall and see if I can't manage to glue down more of the coving in the kitchen.  We handed over keys and garage door openers and she said she plans to bring a load over tomorrow but then no more until after Easter.  I am very relieved to have it all done.  Well, essentially done.  I'll get those two little things taken care of in the morning and then close down that portion of my brain.

Once I had today's chores done I walked around the block listening to chapter 5 of The Walk.  Today we were chased by wolves, one of the group was attacked but not injured by a wolf, and the army sergeant fended it off with a knife.  At the end of the episode I (Walker) had split from the group and was climbing over a mountain, avoiding avalanches triggered by The Burn (the bad guys) and listening to Charlie, my control, start to talk about her sister.


 
After my walk and before I made too much chicken spaghetti for one night's supper I went downstairs and sewed on LC's flannel jumper.  I initially thought I'd make a placket in the back neck but I think I'll go through my buttons to find a fun one and make that the front.  (the front and back are identical)  I've got a pocket to sew on to indicate the front.  I hope it fits.  I hope she likes it.





Signs of spring are everywhere.  The crocuses are in full bloom, the hyacinth flower stalk is further out of the ground, and the rhubarb on the north side of the house is starting to emerge.  See those pink leaf tops?  Yay, rhubarb!















March 28--Studio of El Greco, Agony in the Garden of Gethsemane.  If an angel appears to you, run.  I'm telling you, just run, because no matter how good a life you lead angels bring trouble.  Oh, they might look all pure and friendly but the news they bring is explosive and what explodes is your life.  Look at this guy in the garden.  His buddies who are supposed to stay awake and keep watch with him are asleep.  So when the angel floats down out of the sky to tell him about the awful things in his immediate future he's all alone.  No back-up.  No witnesses.  Look at the look on his face.  You can tell it's not happy news he's hearing.  Besides that angel has a wine goblet in its hand which means the creature is probably half in the bag.  So if an angel appears with a message for you, run.

I'm tired.  It's after 10 o'clock.  I'm going to bed.  Nighty-night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The rental looks all spiffy and ready to be occupied. Good work and definitely time to relax that part of your brain. You've been very diligent. Love the cute jumper for LC and know she'll love it too. What's not to like?? And once again -- yay Spring!!!