Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Got My Yarn Chores Done

I sat myself down on the couch today and finished the Tweedy Log Cabin Mitts.  The thumb and gusset were very cleverly designed and the instructions of the whole pattern were very clear and very precise.  I will knit these again but I might make the thumb a little taller so it keeps more of my thumb warm.





Then I sewed up the Colorful Tunisian Dishcloth and crocheted around the edge.






This morning the sky was gorgeous and stayed that way all day.  It even got warmish--45 degrees in the late afternoon.

But the most amazing thing today was a phone call we got this morning.  Seems the guy moving out next door told a co-worker about the duplex and he's very interested in moving in and he can do that April 1.  Now I have 2 people wanting to move in and I didn't even have to advertise or put out the sign.  I'll get in touch with them next week, have them come walk through, fill out an application, then call their references and check them out online for prior evictions and convictions.  Can't be too careful.

March 14--Christian Lacroix, Cocktail Dress.  Ellen felt like a poppy in the dress.  The skirt was stiff red satin with net underskirts so it was held out in a bell around her legs.  The velvet bodice was a purple so dark that it looked black.  She looked at herself in the mirror and thought of the drifts of poppies in her Aunt Tillie's garden in late spring.  Green shoes and bag.  She needed green shoes and a green clutch to complete the look--and maybe some poppy earrings.  Or would that be too much?

I printed out three copies of the rental lease agreement earlier today, 10 pages each, and it was only afterward that I realized that the pages were numbered incorrectly and Durwood asked me to take out one of the points.  I have such a bad habit of zooming ahead to do something without thinking it through and then wasting paper, ink, and time.  Good thing I look cute with my new haircut or the day would have been a total failure.  (no, I don't really feel that way but I thought this post needed some drama at the end)
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Colorful photos today. Love the mittens and the dishcloth. You are too clever -- even if you didn't make up the patterns yourself. Both those projects look complicated to me so following written instructions can't be easy! Fingers crossed you rent the duplex before the end of the month. Sounds hopeful.