Sunday, March 11, 2018

Something Fishy

I am so glad that I bought the two WW Freestyle cookbooks.  I keep finding delicious recipes for which I have the ingredients on hand--and making them.  ALDI has bay scallops on sale this week, 1# for $4.99.  Durwood loves scallops.  Of course, the big sea scallops aren't in our budget but the little, pencil eraser size bay scallops are.  In the Yes, Italian! cookbook they had general instructions for skillet frying scallops and in the front of the cookbook, on the Roman numeral pages, is a recipe for bechamel sauce that's only 3 points per 1/4 cup.  That was plenty for the nice pile of sauteed scallops which went very well with the steamed fresh broccoli that Durwood cut up while I made the sauce.  Yum.

This afternoon I stole an hour at the sewing machine (while Durwood folded a mountain of laundry) to get a Dress No. 1 for me and an approximation of one for LC started.  I'm worried that the neck opening isn't big enough for LC's head so I think I'll scoop the front and back necklines a bit more.  I should probably check the pattern I used as a starting point to see if it has a snap or button at the back of the neck...  I'll think about that tomorrow.  (you can call me Scarlett but I refuse to say "fiddle-dee-dee")
 
I got started on the last strip on the second Tweedy Log Cabin mitts block after supper dishes but remembered my resolution to get to bed at a more reasonable time so I stopped after a few rows and came in here to blog.  Tomorrow the strip will get finished and the tail-weaving-in can begin.

I didn't write a prompt last night but have high hopes for tonight.  It's too easy to get out of the habit of writing the prompt and too easy to get into the habit of staying up too late.  I intend to change all that effective tonight.  Sayonara.
--Barbara



1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Scallops are one of our favorites too but we usually hold out for the sea version -- and grin and bear the cost! Glad you got into bed at a decent hour last night. I turned in very early myself. Tired from a 2-1/2 visit from an old West Heights/Reitz friend. This one flew down from NY and today we met up with Patty in Naples. Regular "old home week" but I was ready to drop Sydney off at the airport an hour ago. Early bedtime for me tonight again!