Saturday, March 31, 2018

Ack!

Shortly after opening the curtains this morning I looked out... and it was snowing.  Yes, snowing.  I nearly fainted but held onto the edge of the table, had a sip of coffee, and took a picture.  It snowed like it really meant it for about an hour, maybe a little more, and then spent the rest of the day melting most of it away.


I spent the rest of the morning searching online for owner's manuals for the appliances on the rental side of the duplex.  There used to be ones for the stove, fridge, washer, and dryer but I guess they got moved when tenants moved out so I just found them again using the model numbers, made a copy for our file, and one for the new renter.  That took longer than I anticipated.

Before I got started searching I went down and started the laundry.  I'd like to know who brings over their dirty clothes for me to do since Durwood and I just don't get that dirty... of course, I should probably do laundry more than once very two weeks... but I only do it when I'm low on socks and undies and I evidently have two weeks' worth of each of those and too many clothes.

After lunch I buckled down and got to work on the April knitting guild newsletter and spent at least an hour trying and failing to get the new Print Shop program I bought after I rashly volunteered to do the newsletter to work.  It would take minutes to upload a photograph and then it'd say "not responding" when I wanted to add a headline or move a text box.  The straw that broke this camel's back was its refusal to save my work after a couple pages.  Arrrgh!  And not a fun, pirate-y arrgh either.  I was and am so frustrated with it that I've asked the guild treasurer to email me a copy of my purchase receipt so that I can brandish it (metaphorically) at the company when I contact them next week to demand my money back.  Luckily I have an old Print Shop program that I can use and made notes when the computer kid told me how to turn it into a pdf so the members can open it when I email it to them.

After supper and doing dishes and putting the frozen meat I got yesterday into vacuum
bags, I added an inch or so to O's Packer Barley hat.  It looks way too big for him but I measured it against the hat he likes to wear when he's here and it's only a little bit bigger around and will be taller but he's not shrinking.  He's starting to look more like a kid than a baby.  *sniff*  He'll be two years old in 3 weeks.  Time sure flies when you're having fun.

March 31--Dieric Bouts,  Feast of the Passover.  "I like their shoes," the blond one said.  The brunette settled her chin in her cupped hand.  "Hm, not bad, but look at the floors.  Those tiles would be good in my new kitchen."  She looked around, then pulled her phone out of her purse.  "Keep an eye out while I take a picture to show the decorator."  The guard standing behind the sculpture at the opposite end of the gallery stepped out to clear his throat in their direction.  "Hurry up," the blond hissed, "the guard is watching."  As the women left the gallery one of them said, "Do you think you can afford Chip and Joanna?"


Can you believe that today is the last day of March?  I know I say this too much and it makes me sound old but time sure flies.  Oh, last night was the blue moon.  Did you see it?  It dodged in and out of clouds when I was coming home from knitting.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Even the characters in your prompts know Chip and Joanna. Amazing how their names, together, have become part of our every-day conversations. I do love them. Chip reminds me of LD but then so does Ted Danson. Seems I can see that "boy" of mine everywhere!! And this weekend I could see him in person when he and Debbie were over. Great time with them -- it always is. And I'm loving Debbie more every time I'm with them. So thanks, Sonny Boy, for adding her to the family tree.