Sunday, March 4, 2018

Cookies!

I made a batch of Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies this morning using the original Nestle Tollhouse recipe but I substituted cocoa for 1/4 cup of the flour.  I used a 3/4 oz. scoop, the smallest one that the commercial kitchen store stocks, to scoop out uniform cookies, baked 12, and scooped the other 36 out onto a parchment covered cookie sheet to freeze and bag for later baking.  I don't eat cookie dough, don't even like the ice cream with it in it, so I figure the frozen dough balls are safe.  I can grab out a cookie ball or two when I want a cookie and bake just a little.  Oh, one cookie, ONE, is 6 points (or 5 points if I'd have left out the nuts but those pecans begged to go in and I couldn't refuse) which is one-quarter of my daily allotment but so worth it.  Today anyway.  I've been craving a decent cookie for weeks and Chips Ahoy just don't cut it.



This afternoon I went downstairs, ironed the squares I came across the other day, and whipped up six coasters for our cleaner.  That means all I have left to make for her is a pair of soup bowl cozies.  She asked for one and she's a single lady but I figure that she might serve soup or stew to a guest or one can be in the wash and the other in use.  Two is better than one.





Once the coasters were sewn, turned, and ironed I dug around in a bin and found some printed flannel I bought to try making a jumper dress like mine for LC and some gray linen blend to make myself another Dress No. 1.  I found a few more lengths of fabric but ran out of cutting time, plus it's cold down there even with my thrifted Irish wool sweater on.

 I had some of the shrimp truck Gulf shrimp thawed for supper tonight but didn't feel like making any of the recipes I'd made before so I paged through the WW cookbooks and found a recipe for Jumbo Shrimp with Spicy Cuban-Style Black Beans that looked interesting.  I had all the ingredients on hand except for a jalapeno which I wouldn't have used anyway because Durwood doesn't like hot.  I substituted some bell pepper which gives a little hint of spiciness without being hot.  A little bit of steamed broccoli on the side and supper was on--and delicious.  The coolest thing is that in the cookbook, which has a previous program's points values in it, the recipe "cost" 10 points per serving but putting it into the recipe creator function of the WW site told me that in the new Freestyle program a serving only "costs" 2 points.  Score!  No, I didn't eat another cookie to use up my extra points, I had chocolate ice cream.

 
After supper I realized that I didn't have any knitting projects on the needles so I cast on a Log Cabin mitt in some tweed yarn leftover from a few small projects.  I like tweed yarn, don't you?

Didn't write the prompt last night because I got to bed too late again.  It's just after 10 o'clock now, if I hurry maybe I can turn the light out by 11.  Nighty-night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The directions for that Log Cabin Mitt look so complicated. I don't know how you manage to do all stuff you accomplish in one day. You are excused for skipping last night's prompt!