Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I See The Moon...

 

Do you have that song in your head now?  I do.  When I reached to pull down the shade over the bed I looked out to see this perfect crescent moon in the black sky so of course I had to go out into the freezing night to take its picture.


My friend, AT, come over this morning with a few of her jewelry tools and worked her magic, taking the colored "pearls" in the box of six pairs of earrings I got (for three bucks) at the Sister Bay thrift shop last month off the wires and added rings so I can thread them onto my favorite hoops so now I can have red and teal and gold and orange and pale green and pink pearl drop earrings in addition to the six "natural" pearl drops that came in the original set.  I have no illusions that any of these are real or cultured pearls but I like the earrings a lot and I used to wear them almost every day back in my working days.  I'm glad to have more colors to choose from.  More colors to mix and match...


This little chipmunk perched on the arm of the only patio chair that lives outside year round working very hard on a kernel of corn.  The chippies are playing chase games, zooming across the retaining wall timbers and scooting from one side of the patio to the other.  Maybe they're not chase games but mating games.  What do you think?  Will we have a bumper crop of chipmunks this year?


 
I took the day off from working on the rental, I decided to put up the new window shades and bedroom curtain rods tomorrow which meant I had time to sit on the couch to finish March Preemie Hat #3.  This time I just closed the top instead of making a loop or a little stem.  Variety is the spice of life, isn't that how the saying goes?





After supper I added rounds to O's Packer Barley Hat and
decided that it's too big.  Then I got out the hat that he likes to wear when we go out to fill birdfeeders and it's less than an inch smaller so I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me.  I'm thinking maybe I'll take out the 10 rounds above the ribbing and go down a needle size just to make it not so big because it seems like I'm knitting kind of loosely.  Tomorrow DD arrives, we can consult.  Tomorrow!  Hooray!

It wasn't as chilly and not quite as windy this afternoon when I went out to continue my "walk" to Edinburgh.  Today I turned right when I got to the sidewalk and went around the block the opposite way.  My left calf muscle has been achy the last day or so and Durwood suggested that maybe it was because I was always making left turns on my circuit around the big block.  If nothing else I can alternate directions around the block so that both calves ache.

I didn't write the prompt last night, I was just too danged tired and it was too danged late.  I'll write tonight.  Cross my heart.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I can never take a picture of the moon and have it turn out right. You do it so well. The little chipmunk looks so cute posing there on the arm of your patio chair. Nice shot!