Thursday, March 8, 2018

Chester Chipmunk

I was very surprised to see Chester Chipmunk come scampering along the edge of the snow on the patio today.  I haven't seen him or any of his kin in months.  To be honest I thought maybe the RAT had chased them all away but we've still got the RAT and now Chester's back.  Spring must be on the way.  (and I put out a baited RAT trap tonight with a liberal glob of Jif Extra Chunky and a sprinkle of cracked corn on it, hopefully I'll trap the bastard once and for all)


The sun played peek-a-boo behind thick clouds for most of the day but I was lucky enough to poke my head (and camera) out the door when the sky was blue, the sun was shining, and the icicles on the eaves were glittering like diamonds.

Most of today was dedicated to meeting the handyman, discussing what I want done, and then cruising the aisles in the home improvement store for a new kitchen faucet, a new dinette pendant light, and ordering a new length of countertop.  Then I called the plumber and the handyman to try to coordinate their visits.  Tomorrow I need to call the electrician to install the light.  The handyman said he could do the job but I feel better having a real electrician do it.  It is a rental, after all.
 
Once I got home from the stores (I popped into the food store next to the home improvement one while I was there) I got the second Log Cabin Mitt started.  I've decided to knit them both, weave in the tails, and then perform the magic trick that turns squares of knitting into mitts.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Didn't write last night.  Stayed up too late again.  One of these days I'll give myself a time out for that.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad you captured the blue sky in that one photo. So pretty with the green tree, the white snow and even something red way in the background. Then the log cabin mitten colors added to the day's offering. Of course the chipmunk looked adorable and I'm so glad it wasn't the RAT!!