Sunday, October 18, 2015

I Knitted the Day Away


Yesterday's Bay Lakes Knitting Guild Knit-away Day was a lot of fun.  We had the use of a room that overlooked the Botanical Gardens with plenty of tables and room to spread out our food and exchange gifts.  I picked up some clear plastic ornaments at Michaels and made a hole-y cover for one.  I'd picked up a bag of neon yarn at Goodwill a few weeks back so I decided to use them for ornament covers since our Christmas tree isn't of the "red and green" variety, it's decorated in a tropical, underwater theme.  Anyway, it was a real challenge to stretch this over the ornament so I'm thinking I'll add a round to my next attempt.


This morning there was a lovely vapor trail in the sky when I went out and the birdbath was frozen solid again.  I waited until it was partly thawed, tossed the remaining ice onto the lawn, and put in the birdbath heater.  It feels a little early but the birdies rely on us having open water for them so it's worth the few pennies of electricity the heater uses.

There was another home Packer game today so I laid low and stayed home to avoid the crazy traffic.  Unfortunately I lost track of time and missed all the but roar of the flyover.  I don't even know what kind of airplanes they were.  *sigh*

October 18--Ron Kimball, Diner-Corvette.  Ray's had the best fries in town.  The rumor went that Ray's Uncle Leroy had  a hog farm outside of Galesburg just north of the county line and Ray cooked his fries in boiling pig lard.  None of the girls wanted to believe it because it sounded "too gross" but the boys loved it.  The football players would go in to get "hog fried" before a big game.  They said it helped them win.

This is what happens when you're too tired to think straight.  I'm too tired again, so I'm going to say sayonara and save myself the embarrassment of running off at the mouth.
--Barbar

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Brrrr down here too -- but I don't think anything outside froze last night. Saw a great picture on Facebook of Tom and Alice at the game. The Pack dodged a bullet this week but it counts in the W column!