Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Gloomy Tuesday

I crossed the bridge this morning early.  The sun was trying to peek out but I think it's a losing battle today.

The Red-Bellied Woodpeckers have been visiting.  We love seeing them, they love the peanuts.

It was quiet at work yesterday so I got the second Sudoku block put together.  I really like the way this looks and can't wait to get it all together.


I ran a bunch of errands this morning and I could use a nap.  I don't know why, I think I slept all right all night.  I need a nap.  It's my day off, I could take a nap.  I think I'll go have a little lie-down.

October 13--Douglas Peebles, Space Needle, Seattle, WA.  The thing looks like it's going to take off at any minute.  It's so self-consciously spacey there on its plaza with other 1962 World's Fair venues huddled around it.  People have such grandiose ideas of what life will be like in fifty or a hundred years.  In the 1960s we were supposed to have flying cars, like the Jetsons.  We don't .  We don't have jet packs either or pills that let us breathe underwater.  We're not colonizing the Moon or Mars either.  I'd like a self-driving car though, so we could go visiting out of state family and not have to steer.  I guess they call those Greyhounds.

Well, this is a sparse entry, isn't it?  I guess I really do need a nap.  Or a snack.  A snack might be good...
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Hope you got that nap. Sometimes you just have to have a little "time out" to recharge those batteries! I know the feeling.