Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Moving On

Sorry I missed posting yesterday, things were a bit busy around here.

I knitted another preemie hat the other night.  I was looking for a way to photograph it which would give you an idea of how tiny they are, also why slow-knitter-me can knit one so quickly.  See?  This one's stretched over LC's First Babydoll's head, and I did have to stretch it.  It's teeny-tiny, and it boggles my mind to think that there are babies whose heads this hat would be way too big for. Yikes.

Remember the latest Car Knitting Warshrag?  Yeah, I'd almost forgotten it too.  It's #8 and it's been a very long time since I knitted on it.  Haven't been caught by a coming or going freighter making the Mason St. bridge open lately so I decided to slap on a few rows last night just so it didn't get too depressed living there in the pocket of the driver's door of my car.  I'm not especially thrilled with the colors, they're too close, so the next one I'll pick with my eyes closed, one ball from the solids and the other from the variegateds.  That should be interesting.

The daisies are blooming and so is the bee balm in their midst.  I love daisies, they're so cheerful and they bloom a long time and they spread.  Plus they were my beloved Aunt B's wedding flowers.  What's not to love?





I wandered over to snap a picture of the last of the Lipstick Lilies and saw this smudge of black and gold on a leaf nearby.  When I looked closer I saw that it was a handful of torpid bees clinging to the leaf and waiting for the sun to heat them up for the day.  Pretty cool, eh?  (yeah, I said "eh" and no, I'm not Canadian) 



A peach day lily almost the color of the house is blooming too.  It wasn't quite open but I thought it looked kind of nice that way.

There are lots more blossoms on the spaghetti squash plant.  I hope we get a lot of them.  We like 'em.  A lot.  Sorry for the lots of "lot"s.

July 8--Carr Clifton, Colorado Plateau, AZ.  Macy stood as close to the edge as she dared.  She had driven out into the desert and as far up into the mountains as she could to find a vantage point to look down on the plateau.  It was breathtaking, not only because of the altitude and exertion but just the beauty of nature as it lay before her took her breath away.  Minute differences in the angle of the wind direction, the hardness of the rock, thousands of years of sand erosion, and water erosion when the infrequent rains came had carved a scene of such beauty it brought tears to her eyes.  Far on the horizon she saw a sudden plume of smoke mixed with red sandstone dust.  It wasn't until the concussion reached her that she realized that someone was blasting in the mountains, in her mountains.

I should really go to work.  I don't want to, I'd rather spend the day goofing off at home but I guess I could do a bit of goofing off at work instead and get paid for goofing off.  I'll work too when I have to but, well, you know how it goes some days.  See ya!
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Thanks for remembering my wedding bouquet from all those years ago.