Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Stuff's Popping Up

Seem like I blinked and the Bleeding Heart tripled in size and I can see the tiny Lilies of the Valley flowers still tucked next to the leaves, but they're coming.  This morning early it looked like rain but I think we've only got a 30% chance.  Looks like 100% of dreary, doesn't it? There's a little blue sky and white cloud visible but it isn't going to be a sunny, warm day.

Clyde, the stove fixit guy, is coming today at 1 PM to see what he can do.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, big time, that he finds some ninety-eight cent part that needs replacing and he's gone in fifteen minutes for under a hundred bucks.  Like that'll happen.  I can dream, can't I?

Last night after supper I finished knitting the Red Marl sweater sleeves.  See?  I have another one just like that one.  They need to be soaked in wool wash and then blocked to uncurl the edges so they can be sewed to the body.  In the meantime I've already ripped back one of the fronts.  I'll add about 9 rows, do the shoulder decreases, and then sew the front to the back so I can knit on the collar.  Then I can sew in the sleeves, sew up the side seams and, voila!, I'll have a me-made sweater to wear when winter winds blow again.

DD called yesterday to say that the class she'd signed up for at The Clearing starting at the end of the month was cancelled because she was the only one signed up.  Drat.  So we won't get to see our girl this month.  But she's not giving up, she's going through the catalog and will sign up for another class.  She says she really wants to work with wood so she hopes there's space in one of the furniture making classes or a different woodturning one and the class doesn't get cancelled.

May 5--Renee Lynn, Cow.  Lisa had come to detest cows, this red and white one in particular.  Number 352 wasn't bad tempered like some of the others, in fact she was too friendly for Lisa's taste.  When the rest of the cows wandered off to graze on the other side of the pasture Number 352 wandered over to see what was going on.  Matt and Ed thought it was funny that she was afraid of cows but they were big, clumsy, and stupid.  One of them could easily knock her down and trample her into the mud and never know she was there.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  Have a taco today.  We'll be having leftover grilled chicken and some microwave steamed vegetable, probably broccoli, since the stove's still busted.  But maybe by supper time it won't be.  I hope, I hope, I hope.
--Barbara

No comments: