Wednesday, May 20, 2015

And It Fits!

I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening sewing up the side and underarm seams of the Red Marl sweater.  I sewed in some of the tails too, not all of them, but some.  I was too chicken to try it on last night but this morning I was feeling brave so I slipped it on over my jammies.  It fits!  Would you look at that?  I'd have laid even odds that it wouldn't fit, that it'd be too small or way too big or look stupid but it does none of those things.  Now, about that collar...  I still don't know but it's kind of too warm to wear now anyway so I've got a little time to ponder.

The lilies of the valley are blooming.  Yay!  And the ferns are unfurling.  I love the way they look curling up out of the thick lily leaves.  There's nothing like the fragrance of lilies of the valley.  Mmm, dreamy.
















Yesterday evening I managed, after much attempting and many empty frames, to snap a photo of a lady hummingbird sipping nectar and a gentleman downy woodpecker having a snack on the suet feeder.  Those birds, they're so zippy and their timing is just right so that as soon as I'm ready to push the button or even as I'm pushing the button off they go and I get a picture of an empty feeder, no bird in sight.  It's frustrating.

In weather news, we had frost warnings last night and when I got up there was ice on the birdbath.  It's May 20th, people, MAY 20th.  We truly live in the tundra.  I fully expect a polar bear to come lumbering down the street any day now.  Sheesh.

May 20--LaFavor/Parallel Productions, French Horn.  The muted glow of the single light touched the brass of the old horn making it look better than it was.  The finish had dulled over the years and time in a junior high band room had not been kind.  The horn had a good, true sound.  Years of abuse hadn't changed that.

Not an inspiring image after all.  I think I'll take a roll of paper to work today and draw off the tepee pattern so I can maybe cut it out tomorrow and sew on it on the weekend.  Or I'll sit and stare at the computer screen like a zombie.  Might be one of those days.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yay - the sweater fits and it looks wonderful! What if after all that time, you ended up hating it!!