Another plant has buds on it but it won't flower until late next month. It's sedum and it has fleshy leaves and clusters of flowers that the bees love. One of the sedums blooms pinkish and the other is more bronze-ish. I like the bronze one better.
I spent most of the day back here at the laptop making a timeline outline of Three Cheers for Murder to see where I need more story. And there's a lot of room for improvement. One thing I discovered was a glitch in the time sequence so I did some cutting and pasting to rearrange the parts and a lot of making sure the day designation was right. I realized that it's been nearly 30 years since I wrote this and it's holding up pretty well. I'm glad I've got the how-to book to help me whip it into shape.
After I finished with the manuscript for the day, I decided to paint. Really paint, not coloring book paint, so I taped paper to a plexiglass board and started. I didn't really have a plan, I just wanted to paint a sky and water which turned out pretty well. The foreground is so-so. Next time I'll have a plan. That seems to work better.
I was lucky enough to catch two Sparrows on the round green feeder. At one point there were about five birds on there but as soon as I even thought about picking up the camera, they all flew away. Sheesh. Twice now I've seen a squirrel land on top of the feeder and try to figure out how to get down to the goodies. Both times it leaned over too far and fell off. Oh, too bad.
I even made time to draw a gratitude journal page. I think I'm most grateful that I didn't have to go outside in the hot and humid much.
Is there some kind of rule that every bag of apples has to have one rotten one? The first bag I bought had one that was so rotten it was flat and squishy. Ick. This bag had one with a rotten core. I thought I could cut away the rotten parts but that didn't work. I like apples. I like having one for a snack in the afternoon. I don't like rotten apples.
The lawn mowers came and we decided together that the grass wasn't really long enough to mow so they went away. The lawn looks okay and it saved me money. A win-win.
--Barbara

No comments:
Post a Comment