Look what was looking back at me when I glanced out the patio door this evening. That's right, the juvenile delinquent squirrel was back on the Oriole feeder, rearranging things, and eating as much of the grape jelly as it could reach. It also looks like it's daring me to chase it away.
Then it jumped down, leaped onto the perch of the square green feeder from a patio chair, and scooted into the feeder for a seed snack to top it off. Having dessert first before the main course, I guess.
Just now here's what I saw when I went to draw the drapes. The orange rind is now on the ground with its sticky bottom full of grape jelly on the patio blocks. I am not going to hurry out to refill that feeder tomorrow.
One of the House Finches managed to find some grape jelly that wasn't stuck to the orange rind. There's no way I can keep the dratted tree rats out of the sweet jelly and fruit. I've got one orange half in the fridge and a new jar of grape jelly but I'm going to be stingy with it. I'll get another couple oranges next week when I have to go get bananas. If they're lucky.
I went over to Michaels for a picture frame this morning and bought extra stuff. Of course. My big purchase, aside from 2 frames, was this watercolor book. The pages are watercolor paper with pale gray sketches on the left page and instructions and illustrations on the right page. You're meant to paint right in the book.
So I tried the first one. Acorns. I had better luck with the acorn cap on the left. I struggled with the crosshatching on the one on the right. It's kind of fun not having to draw before painting, just slap the paint on, but I still need to practice patience to let the paint dry between layers. I have a hard time with that.
When I turned out of the frames aisle I was faced with a display of cotton yarn. This Bright Jewels Ombre caught my attention. It jumped into the cart. I had a coupon.
Friday Night Knitting was cut short this evening because the California knitters went to bingo at Ikea so they left after only an hour of knitting and the other Wisconsin knitter is out of town so that left just me and I wasn't going to sit on Zoom with myself. I knitted a couple rounds on the Dark Teal Chemo Hat and called it a night.
Then in the living room, I caught sight of a tote bag of yarn and couldn't remember what was in it. It was filled with random yarn of various thicknesses and big needles that I'd used to knit Scrap Hats. So I cast on a new one, just because. I only knitted the first round after the cast on but it's a start. What else am I going to knit now that I've finished the teddy bears?
I drew yesterday's gratitude journal page this morning and eked out time to draw one for today after supper and before Friday Night Knitting. My big accomplishment today was taking a walk.
--Barbara
1 comment:
Well, that squirrel is definite. As far as he's concerned, he's king of the feeders. Love the watercolor book. You'll have fun with that.
Post a Comment