Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Figured It Out

It only took a squirrel a couple of days to figure out how to get up to the grape jelly. When I first saw this squirrel it had its back feet holding onto the top of a crook and was leaning across to the jelly dish with its nose buried. By the time I got the camera up and ready, it was where you see it. In the dish. It sniffed the orange but went right back to gobbling the jelly. One bad thing. By repositioning the feeder post and not being able to bury it as deep in the ground, I can't see if there's any jelly left in the dish or not. I'll figure it out.



I was quick enough to catch two Chickadees. Too fast to have a sharp focus image but at least you can see both of them.

 

This morning I signed up on a site called Booksprout where other members will read and review your books. I have to read and review theirs in exchange. Reviews sell books, so any way I can get more is a good thing. We'll see how this goes.

 


The dark red & yellow day lilies are still blooming every day. I went out this evening to take their picture because taking a picture in full sun is just too bright. it washes out the color.

 

This is a hosta flower stalk. I never think of them as having flowers but they do. Not very flashy but still they have flowers.

 


Today I drew and colored Foxglove. It turned out way better than I thought it would when I turned the page and saw what I had to draw.

 

And I even drew a gratitude journal page before coming back here to blog. I'm most grateful today for reading about a feature of the genre in the book and having an idea that I ran with. Before I knew it I had over three pages of narration and dialogue, plus a few ideas for further ways to extend the idea. The way things are shaking out, I suspect I'll be rewriting this manuscript using what I have now as the framework and hanging new ideas on it. I'm leaving Sailing the Seas alone until cda and I are done critiquing it. It came to me last week that this is the last run through so I need to stop fiddling with it and just be patient to hear what she has to say.

 

I started knitting the body rounds on Scrap Hat #5 tonight. There are only six rounds but I think I might add a couple more just to make the hat cover somebody's ears better. I don't have to worry about running out of yarn. I have a big bag of all sorts of leftovers I can add. And there's more downstairs. Much more.

 

 --Barbara

No comments: