One of the juvenile squirrels has a taste for grape jelly. It clambered up the feeder pole and perched there looking around, finally digging into the jelly. This one didn't get into the orange half, which surprised me. Its compatriot stayed on the ground looking up in admiration the whole time it was up there.
Then the House Finch had a turn on the jelly. I'd rather the birds eat the jelly and orange than the squirrels but I'm not guarding the feeder all day. And I for sure am not getting up at the crack of dawn to shoo away the morning marauders.
Today's flower is Calla Lily. I thought they were always white but evidently there are colored ones. These are pinkish with orange overtones. I have to say I like the leaves better than the flowers this time.
The dark red & yellow lilies are still blooming all across the top of the retaining wall. I was going to make another stab at painting them today but just wasn't in the mood.
I went down to visit DS at Zambaldi Beer He was making a batch of Good Dog Porter, cleaning the hoses and the tank where he was going to put it once it was mashed and boiled. I meant to take a picture of his hops vines because they're growing almost up to the roof and forgot. *sigh* I should have done it when I drove in and thought of it. My brain is such a slide area.
Tonight's supper marked the end of the chicken taco meat. That was a very full little flour tortilla. It had a difficult time staying in one piece while I was eating it but I managed to get it in my mouth and not on my white shirt. Score!
Last night I cast on and started knitting the scarf for Teddy Bear #2. I'm making it the same size and color as the one for the first bear. They're going to the same grandmother but not the same house so it doesn't matter if they match. The bears don't match.
In the afternoon, I finished reading through Three Cheers for Murder, the mystery I want to work on after my current project is done. It's pretty much of a mess. I am definitely going to have to rewrite it all using this first draft as a jumping off place. I also need to get back to reading the how-to book I have about writing cozy mysteries. I suspect I've got a lot of learning to do.
And I'm happy to report that my tetanus shot arm is almost completely pain free. Just a little twinge when I move it. Whew. I'm very grateful.
--Barbara

1 comment:
Easy dinners. It's so nice to have leftovers. Paul won't ever eat leftovers. What's wrong with him anyway?? Some stuff is better the next day!
Post a Comment